STUDIO RULES CAMERAS/CELL PHONES & PICTURES/VIDEO/FACETIME ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE STUDIO and is STRICTLY ENFORCED.
Every prop I have in the studio, every setup and pose is the result of an enormous amount of time, money, education, and sacrifice. It is considered stealing and highly disrespectful to use your camera to take pictures in a photography studio. Please respect my talent, business, and art.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Please do not bring more than 3 people to your session. My studio cannot accommodate large groups and it is very distracting to have any more than is absolutely necessary.
ILLNESS It is very important that my studio be germ free so please do not bring anyone to the studio that is sick-especially the baby! The session will be cancelled and your session fee forfeited if anyone present is sick.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
My suggestions below are a guideline. I encourage you to be yourself. If you're not a "jean & tshirt" family and prefer a more dressy approach, wear it! The most important thing is that your clothes be fitted-not baggy. No matter who wears them, baggy clothes in pictures always make your figure look bigger.
See above for examples of background colors. Choose which colors you want your portraits on then build your outfits around that.
I like to keep the clothes you wear in your portraits with the baby simple so that the focus is your features/faces and connection to each other. As a general rule, I suggest dark clothes on dark backgrounds, light clothes on light backgrounds. No patterns or logos. Neutral colors & textures work best. If you want something more colorful, let me know beforehand so I can plan for it.
When you get to the studio you will be able to choose from my beautiful maternity dress collection. I have bodysuits, flowy dresses, tight dresses, silks, lace, tulle, and a couple of really special sparkly ones. If you have something of your own you want to wear show me! I love when mamas can be themselves in the studio. And if you don't have anything to bring, that's okay too! I got you!
• Bring a pair of smooth undies & bra in nude (matching your skin color). Make sure the bra has wire support and fits you well. If you don't have one, purchase it, leave the tags on, and return after the shoot. No lace for either.
• Lotion to apply on dry/ashy skin.
• Nails. Bare nails that are manicured is preferred and create a more natural, timeless look. Painted nails can be very distracting in images and often do not match the dresses you will be wearing.
• Bring something to eat and drink just in case you get hungry and thirsty.
• If getting makeup done here, please arrive with a clean, makeup free & moisturized face.
Your outfits will look best when they match what your wife/partner is wearing and the background colors used. Please take my suggestions to heart. They will make all the difference in your portraits! I find it always looks weird when Mom is wearing so little and the Dad is all covered, so dont hide your arms.
• Do not bring any shirts with logos or patterns. • Wrinkles from tshirts will not be retouched so it is advised to iron them before hand or purchase new ones. • Shoes are not needed. • Make sure your hands/hair/beard look good!